Thursday, April 28, 2011

Worth taking along.

Evaluating one's work is a tricky question, what does one enjoy out of pride or hubris as opposed to things that may be of real value. Is it a personal satisfaction? Is the value of it beyond its appearance, and in the process of its creation instead?
Is it an appearance? Something from your mind creating something real?
Perhaps figuring out a simpler way to express a feeling, or communicate a character?

Is it what the image says?

Or what the image does?

Is there a method to the madness?

Is it a burst of color?

Or just a different method of approach?

Really I don't think I can say for certain what I think is really worth keeping from a notebook. The work is the value, and value comes from the work. When your work is not enough, just go back and re-work it. Then you'll get things that really have value.

-C Art Price

No comments:

Post a Comment