
I thought this bit was worth keeping because of the combination of texture and color,the black against the brownish orange. I also like the interesting textures created from rubbing the paper on top off the acrylic, it seems inverted. This is a process I see my self using in the future.
I was really pleased with the texture in these pages, by just just using basic simple shapes and marks and repeating them I was able to create these naturalistic textures. I tried to approach this piece as a theraputic experience.
This image was very refreshing for me, I tend to include a lot of figures and faces in my work it was nice to take a step away from that and tackle some new content. I was thinking of the overwhelming power of nature and how these elements of mankind are consumed by its wrath. I tried to utilize the wave pattern to reflect radiation and how it travels through objects and nature.
I think these pages were important for me because it sparked a new way of thinking and presenting objects in an illustration. Working with the subject obsession/accumulation helped me to take some risks that I ordinarily wouldn't have. I like the mouth full of fast food, it was a quick little commentary on our countries willingness to consume fatty, greasy fast food. I like the fence-like line that travels across the page as well it was a simple visual element to tie all of the images together.
This was one of my favorite pieces because I was able to utilize texture in combination with a more realistic style of rendering. I was really pleased with the way the two materials(graphite,gouache) looked together. I was able to create this mysterious,creepy sort of mood in the piece. I especially enjoyed exploring the topics of cyclopia and other human oddities.
No comments:
Post a Comment