I like this image because I feel it was a successful experiment with text, pattern, and color.
Not only did I like this from the start, but it also greatly influenced my senior project (actually pretty directly). It was an experiment about spacial relationships, text, and minimal color.
At first I wasn't much of a fan of this sketch, although the more I look at it, the more I like it. It was very frantic and unplanned, of which I never do, even in my sketchbook. I added the gold details with a gold leafing pen which seemed to create a voluminous effect of which I really like.
I think this is my favorite sketchbook image I did for this class. It's very random, unplanned and sporadic. I was using masking fluid and it got lost once it dried, so I really was not expecting the outcome to be that terrific. After it was all finished I added the pink to make things pop a bit and more multi-dimensional.
Detail of previous. Showing texture and line.
This is probably my second favorite, if the previous one before this was my top favorite. I don't work with watercolor usually, so this was a fun experiment, along with using bright colors to create a narrative. I feel as though this captured a lot and I'm proud of this sketch.
Details of my favorite parts. Bubbles, green smoke, etc.
I like this sketch because of the restrained color palette I used and also because I only used 2 mediums (when I usually mix more). Mini markers and watercolors helped create this simplistic, yet very lively image for my sketchbook. This sketch has given me other ideas for use in my business OBSOLETE.
Small detail shot of the overlay of not only color, but pattern too.
A much more narrative piece in my sketchbook. I like this though because this steamed from personally feelings from where I was at the time. I enjoyed placing my personal views into the actual topic we were addressing at the time. Never made anything like this before either.
Like nothing I have ever done before. I would like to call this finished, even though it isn't colored in all spots. When we were downtown, these benches were in the IDS building, seated next to trees and flowers. I had to show this juxtaposition of nature vs. human and I really like how "alive" this scene feels.
-S. Hummel











No comments:
Post a Comment