My Experience of The Riverfront,
Location:
Minneapolis, MN

Experience, Feeling, Mood:
The day we went to the riverfront with the class, the weather outside was misty and cold. I wish had done more drawing, but sketching in this weather did suck, so therefore I documented my whole experience with the camera on my phone. I haven't been down by the riverfront before just by myself so I was fascinated with pretty much everything. I was in an awesome group and all stuck together, we ventured off and documented the things that we got amazed with. I did some venturing off by myself though and I think these images clearly show my experience and my explorations. Everything that I looked at I took a picture of and I really wanted to soak in my experience. That usually happens when I'm in a new place I have never been before, I like to explore everything I can.
I thought it was pretty cool that we went down to the riverfront, but sucked it was on a cloudy, cold, rainy day. I would've loved it even more if it was warm, sunny, and green. I will have to go back there on my own when the weather is nicer. I only wore a fleece jacket that day, so overall I was pretty cold. I am trying to reflect from what I have documented, but should've wrote my experience sooner than later like I am doing right now. From the photos that I have, I wanted to show my personal experience, old vs new, nature and foundation. If I really wanted to, I could organize my photos and turn it into a narrative. These photos aren't just quick photos, I took these photos to get a sense of mood and feeling.
Overall, my experience down by the river was definitely worth my time. I have another spot now that I can go to, to do more exploration and continue the work in my notebook. I am going to make more discoveries and keep on playing with materials.
I still want to reflect more because there is always more to talk about...
So far, this what I have.




















































No comments:
Post a Comment