"Stale faces,straight faces, hard faces, bricks, feet walking, beaten bricks, a city of so many but so few, towering memories of what used to be, suburb dwellers in Northface, thugs in airforce ones never to be confused as a square. A man stands in front of me with a dingy shirt and gray braids, his shirt is long, his shorts are red and black. He sits at the computer for a few seconds, then seems to wander aimlessly. Hands in hoody pockets, hands perched on faces in front of black computers, a guy walks past me black as tar with a bald shiny head. I feel like an outsider here, I dont want to fit in there, peach buildings with aqua windows, I'll be damned if I walk around drawing buildings the whole time, A guy asks what time it is, I tell him 3:54 and keep walking, I hate cops, a woman wearing an orange coat seems inviting, Should I walk around this guy, I think he said something to me Im probably wrong" The Riverfont downtown area was a rewarding experience for me. I was able to really explore and seek out some aspects of the city that i hadnt been able to appreciate
before. The gloomy weather put me in a sort of melancholy mood that I wanted to be reflected in my images. The most dominant color that I recall seeing was this dirty yellowish orange. I thought a lot about the people who inhabit this city and how they shape the personality. I was compelled by the textures on the street on the sides buildings and how these old worn bricks and pavement tell a story about what used to be and the atmosphere that used to exist.
During my visit I unintentionally managed to elude the class group, but I felt like it made me more ambitious and eager to see what could find and consume; I stumbled upon several gems by just walking around and observing, the little sculptures in front of the courthouse were a pleasant surprise that I hadnt expected.



No comments:
Post a Comment